Get Client Family Members Spreading Your Word
We all want our client family members to talk about how much value they are getting from our business. If you follow these ideas (even 5 or 6) you will find that you have a lot more positive word of mouth and can build a by referral business.
Build Word Of Mouth
- Cater to client family members
- Create an incentive program for referrals
- Make the client family member right
- Be 100% transparent, authentic and an integrity
- Suprise client family members by overdelivering
- Make it super easy to do business with you
- Always make time for client family members
- If you don’t know the answer, say that and then find out the answer
- Treat every client family member as highly valued even if they invested one cent with you
- Never use manipulative or pressure selling
- Only recommend what will help people
- If you can’t help them, tell them that
- Look for ways to develop personal relationships with client family members
- Treat everyone right all the time
- Go above and beyond if someone is not happy
- Empower your team to go above and beyond as well
- Survey your client family members and make changes based on their responses
I suggest you pick a handful of these strategies and implement them right away.
Yes, Telemarketing Is Alive!
I know that when I say telemarketing you might think it is a four letter word and I assure you it is not. Telemarketing is an effective strategy when you are selling high ticket, high margin products or services. In addition to telemarketing being alive and well, so is direct mail. Yet, very few business owners seem to know how to use direct mail effectively. I’ll start this article by sharing direct mail strategies and then get into telemarketing right after that.
Here are the key steps to putting together a highly effective direct mail marketing program.
Begin by creating a list of all the benefits customers will receive when they purchase your products and services. Then pick the most powerful benefit from your list. Next, create an attention-grabbing headline about the benefit. Be certain the benefit has words that create emotions and that fill the most important human desires to be young, wealthy, desired, popular or successful. Now you are ready to create your sales letter. Use the headline you created to begin your sales letter. This way you will be certain you grab the reader’s attention. Within the letter, you want to educate by providing important information. You also want to motivate prospects to take action. Create a brochure, and order form, a reply envelope or a note to encourage prospects to actually read your letter. Then use your own mailing list or rent or buy a mailing list to send your letter to. Be certain you compare the cost of mailings versus the cost per order.
As in all marketing, you will need to test and tweak your direct mail.
Direct mail can help you find your ideal prospects locally or nationally and bring hot prospects to your door. As you refine your direct mail and tune it up you will get better and better results which will lower the overall cost of your direct mail marketing.
Now, let me get to telemarketing. Yes, finally!
To create a successful telemarketing campaign be certain you have objectives for your calls. What topics are you going to discuss and what questions will you ask about these topics? Be clear you know this information. When you reach someone by phone always begin by asking if this is a convenient time to speak. When you do ask questions you want to sound conversational and not as if you have a list of questions to get through. Ask some general questions at the start of the call and then you can get more specific as the call continues. Be certain they can tell that you are actually listening to their responses and that you truly appreciate their time. Focus on being a great listener. During the call just relax and be yourself having a natural and authentic conversation.
Telemarketing is not so difficult. If you speak honestly and authentically you will be able to reach interested prospects. Always think about how you wish a telemarketer has treated you in the past and how you wish to be treated. Treat those you speak with the way you would want to receive telemarketing calls. Ask your friends and family what they don’t like about telemarketing calls and what would make them like the calls more.
When you are on the phone you must quickly get the prospect to listen to you. You must quickly capture their attention so that they want to listen to you. Your opening statement is everything.
Can you see how ideas like telemarketing and direct mail can be used in your business? Are you getting excited about adding more customers to your business?
Our FREE test drive offers the resources and tools you need to work through these processes and put together the best marketing plan you can.
Today we’ll talk about shameless self-promotion. That’s right, I said it! Shameless! After all, we are learning from Paris Hilton here.
It’s all about self-promotion! Self-promotion comes in many forms and you can use different tactics to get your name out there. Look at politicians! Talk about self-promotion and in some not so discreet ways, at that. But, seriously, consider some of the major superstars we all know. Madonna, Donald Trump, Howard Stern and Bill Clinton, just to name a few.
We all self promote. Did you raise your hand in class to show the teacher you knew the answer? Of course! That’s self-promotion. This is the kind of self-promotion we are talking about. With dignity, class and the knowledge to back it up. If you self-promote only to prove you don’t really know what you’re talking about, you’re going to lose business.
Natural self-promoters are the former and I want to tell you about the three major traits they have and use to build themselves and their businesses.
- The first is position. You need to position yourself around people who can make a difference in your life. You need to do this frequently. You need to wake up every morning and ask yourself “Who can I meet today who will make a difference in my success?” In fact, go a step further, write it in big, bold letters and tape it on your bathroom mirror.
Who can help me meet my goals?
Is it a prospective customer/client? A colleague with contacts? An association with key members who may become prospects?
Don’t settle into interacting with the people who are the easiest to access. You need to reach outside your comfort zone and there you will find a wealth of new connections that will bring you great success.
- Now, let’s talk about Style. No, this doesn’t mean you need an Armani suit to bring in more business (though, let’s be honest-it wouldn’t hurt) J What this really means is how are you different from your competitors and others in your industry. What makes you memorable with customers?
If you are meeting a lot of people and they don’t remember you once you leave the room, you have a serious problem! This means you have an opportunity to present yourself in a more memorable way.
There are lots of little subtle changes you can make. Reassess your:
- Business cards
- Company message
- Your picture
- Your wording
Maybe even, your hairstyle (of course, now we’re back to the expensive suit, but it really works!)
You get the idea. There are lots of little ways you can work on making your image and business more successful. Also, consider how you sound on the phone and how you greet people at meetings or other events. Think about your 30-sec elevator speech.
- The third trait of natural promoters is repetition. You can’t say it once and leave it at that. Successful self-promoters say it as many times as they need until they get a response. Would you remember a commercial for Coca-Cola if you only saw it once, no! You see it over and over and eventually you head out to the store.
You, also, have to make multiple impressions on those you are networking with in order to build brand awareness. Repetition is in direct connection with positioning. Once you find people to network with, reach out and find hundreds more who can help in your success as well.