Today we’ll take a look at how the experts who are known as the leaders in their markets actually go about landing so many prospects.
Most successful business owners use a series of information based ads that build emotion and then provide a call to action. These are really the only ads that truly work and are the ones to put money into. The typical ads you see for big name companies only build brand image and don’t have a call to action. Think of Coke or Pepsi as examples.
The same principles that go into putting together a high impact ad can easily be adapted to fit your needs with stellar results.
Don’t just rely on ads. Here is a step by step guide to getting a ton of prospects fast.
- Put together a short report that will give the exact outcome your prospects are seeking. Have that report delivered by autoresponder and when you deliver the report have your autoresponder include a short description of your business a mention of the results your business creates along with a case study, too.
- Use an ezine or printed newsletter to educate prospects and customers about your specific industry and the types of services you offer and results you create.
- Offer a free seminar or a webinar to build awareness of your business and be certain you address the main issue your target audience wants to hear about that helps them get to their goal or overcome their obstacle.
- Always test different versions of every ad to find the most effective ads.
- Use direct mail to grow your business.
- Put together a database of prospects and previous customers and send them new information that is educational and interesting for them.
- Offer incentives such as frequent purchasing benefits, a rewards program or loyalty programs, or referral programs.
- Approach large organizations who may need your services and negotiate a deal to be their exclusive expert in your field.
- Offer a 24-hour information line with a regularly updated recorded message that they can call for education about their problem or the outcome they are seeking. Make this available to prospects and clients.
- Donate time or materials to local charities to show support in your area.
- Offer free public open training sessions for the general public to come along and discuss what they need.
- Organize seminars your prospects and clients can pay to attend and offer a very high outcome for them.
- Approach local newspaper and offer to write a weekly column about your area of expertise.
- Develop a retreat or destination seminar for prospects and customers.
- Turn your seminar into a home study course or, member site program, or audio, or video program.
- Approach large companies and offer to give seminars to their employees, investors or management or to give free lunch and learn sessions.
- Barter for your marketing and offer your products or services in exchange for payment.
- Be willing to bring in new clients, even if at an initial loss because it will likely pay off later.
- Keep your eye on your marketing budget to maximize your potential income.
- Make offers to target markets or target market businesses and offer to pay them for referrals or shared databases.
- Offer loaner products to replace equipment that’s be repaired or refurbished.
- Give away something free to everyone who brings in a print version of your advertisement from a magazine or newspaper or printed from your website. This is a great way to see which ads are giving you the most bang for your buck.
- Continually consider what new products/services you can offer to current customers/clients.
- Offer a proposition to your competitors to trade customers/clients you were both unsuccessful in selling to.
- Use different marketing tactics as an excuse to attract new customers/clients with new offers and goodies.
- Offer a “you-choose-the-price” program if you have a product you just can’t seem to sell.
So, there are 26 great ways to market and gain more prospects.
Some other great ways to get your name out there for little or no cost are:
- Get involved you in your community by volunteering or donating to local causes and events.
- Join your local Chamber of Commerce and attend the networking and other activities regularly.
- Join a local, state or regional professional organizations for further networking opportunities.
- Become a board member of a local organization.
Advertising should never be your only method of marketing. There are a myriad of ways to get your name out there in a way that feels personal to potential customers/clients.
Jay Abraham said, “Effective advertising…must be used to get your name out to the public. If your name is not familiar to people, they will not come to you.”
If you’re not sure where you start with your marketing plan or how to reach out to your local community, competitors, prospects and customers/clients and others who could influence your business in a highly positive way, schedule a 10-minute game plan session and let’s see if we can boost your business to the next level and beyond.